Welcome back you craft beer loving, great smelling individuals! Guess what Guys - this week's post is all for and about you. (But girls, read on for some great tips for your guy.) Today we're talking all about our Mintwood & Hops Beard Soap - first the ingredients, and then some insight into why using our high quality, natural, and handcrafted beard soap makes all the difference in your grooming routine. And the difference here is more than just skin deep.
Like all of our Home Brewed Soap offerings, we start with carefully selected all natural ingredients that are sustainably sourced and free of chemicals. They are then attentively hand made in small batches with our very own home brewed craft beers. With our Mintwood & Hops Beard Soap we start with a unique combination of natural oils and butters to help clean and refresh your beard while wildflower honey and clay soften and moisturize your skin underneath. The fragrance begins with a cool peppermint aroma that follows quickly into bright citric expressions of fresh oranges, with robust undertones of frankincense that give your beard a sweet, woody aroma. Finally an extra blast of hop extract brings out the spicy aromas of earth and pine to blend a perfect bouquet with our enriching beard soap.
If you would like to know more about the natural oils and butters we use in our beer soaps, head over to our Beer Soap FAQ for an in depth look at what we use and why they make all the difference. But I would like to take a moment to explain just why we use craft beer in our products. As most of you already know, our (and all) craft beer is made from the artful combination of hops, malts, water, and yeast along with whatever herbs, fruits, or spices are used in differing styles of beer. These happen to be amazingly beneficial ingredients for your hair - beard or otherwise - and skin. Hops especially contain skin softening amino acids as well as polyphenols which are thought to account for its anti-bacterial and preservative effects, showing that great smell represents more than just a pleasing aroma! And after making non beer soap and beer soap for over eight years now, I can honestly say that beer soap produces a much creamier, full bodied lather.
Want to hear from others about our products? Check Out Where our beer soaps have Been Featured.
Looking for a reason why you should consider using our Mintwood & Hops Beard Soap along with the many other Beard Care Products for your man-grooming needs?
1. Lather - I've already touched on this a bit, but the creamy, full bodied lather of our beard soap really sets the tone to a great experience with your beard care. You should be able to work up a nice lather easily with the soap you are using, and comparing our product to many store bought brands you will immediately notice the difference.
2. Ingredients - This makes all the difference. Natural, easily recognized ingredients that you can actually pronounce which are sustainably sourced and chemical free aren't just better for the environment, they're better for your skin. I touched on this in our last past - if you can't pronounce half the ingredients on the label, do you really think it's something you should put in your beard and on your skin?
3. Cleansing - Alright, the shampoo/conditioner/body wash gel you might have in your shower says it cleans - but how well? Ignoring the potential damage it's doing with the harsh stripping of natural oils in your skin and beard, what more does it do beside blast your senses with a pungent wreck it describes as "Cool Mountain Breeze?" Our beard soap works to protect those natural oils while providing a powerful exfoliating effect to deeply clean both your beard and the skin beneath.
4. Scent - Yea, I mentioned that indescribable chemical aroma the mass marketed store brands find intriguing names to hide behind. Why don't you send them an email to ask what exactly creates that... *ahem,* unique scent. I sure don't know. But I can tell you exactly what makes our Mintwood & Hops Beard Soap smell so amazing - just take a look at the label: Oils of Olive , Castor, Coconut, Avocado, Shea Butter, essential oils of Frankincense, Orange & Peppermint, clay, touch of wildflower honey, Home brewed Porter. And HOPS - What manly craft beer lovin' man wouldn't want to smell so amazing?!
5. Moisturizing - There are two factors that play in here with our hand crafted, small batch Beard Soap. Protecting the essential oils already in your beard and skin while further nurturing them will not only help keep your beard soft and svelte, but manageable as well. Longer beards can become dehydrated, making them feel rough and tangled with the overuse of harsh store bought shampoos and soaps. Using our beard beer soaps, you'll find your beard to be significantly more manageable and easier to groom post-shower.
If you haven't checked it out yet, find more great reasons to use our products by reading my previous post The Top Five Reasons To Use Hand Crafted Beer Soap. And until next time, don't forget - intoxicate your skin